Intent based leadership, January 28 2019
Think Like a Leader Workshop
Our mission is to create empowering work environments that release the passion, initiative, and intellect of each person. This bold and highly effective leadership approach can be summarized as “give control, create leaders.” This is possible, and requires us to think differently and be open so that people are encouraged to share their ideas and act on what they learn.
In this fast-paced and fun workshop, David Marquet (author of “Turn the Ship Around!”) uses snippets from the movie “Master and Commander” to illustrate the negative impacts of traditional leader-follower model where people are motivated to avoid errors. This is contrasted with leader-leader organizations where people are motivated to achieve truly remarkable things.
At the end of this workshop, your group will be able to apply what they have learned immediately in order to:
- Create an environment where people actively engage and think.
- Discover mechanisms to encourage questions and feedback.
- Have a plan to give control, for pushing authority to where the information lives.
- Have a personal commitment to talk with to their co-workers in an empowering way.
- Implement the idea of leadership as creating more leaders – not more followers.
- Implement the idea of leadership as giving control – not taking control.
Who this course is for
Managers, Leaders, & Employees
Suggested Pre-engagement: Read Turn the Ship Around!