Scrum@Scale, December 13-14 2018
Scrum Agile Enterprise
Learn from the experts – Jeff Sutherland- the creator of Scrum and Henrik Kniberg. The goal of the course is to learn the essentials of succeeding with large scaled Scrum.
Who this course is forWe ask that you have a basic understanding of Scrum before the course starts.
Learning outcomes for this courseAre you concerned that cookie-cutter scaling methods won’t work in your company’s situation? Context is everything, and even methodologies that work very well in one context may fail spectacularly in another. The solution is to understand the principles behind successful scaling and have a common language to discuss these principles within the organization. Join Jeff Sutherland for a two day course on scaling Scrum beyond the team level and throughout the enterprise. Jeff Sutherland will present and discuss the modular Scrum at Scale framework, which unlike other proscriptive methodologies allows for context-specific solutions to scaling. The modular architecture of the framework enables organizations to incrementally inspect and adapt their own structure without causing system-wide consequences. Participants will then work collaboratively through their organization’s unique scaling challenges. This course will:
- Lay out the business case for a modular scaling framework
- Present an overall vision for modular scaled Scrum that spans the Team, Business Unit, and Enterprise levels to link vision with effective execution
- Share specific examples of different successful practices within each module
- Help attendees to work through their own scaling challenges in the context of the framework
PrerequisitesPlease read at least one of the following books/papers:
- Scrum Guide – Scrum Alliance
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time – Jeff Sutherland
- The power of scrum– Jeff Sutherland, Rini Van Solinberg, & Eelco Rustenberg
- Scrum and XP from the Trenches – Henrik Kniberg.